Terms And Conditions of Membership
1. Members must be over 16 years of age and live in any country and must speak English (other languages will be supported at a later date)
2. A membership Number is issued subject to the member agreeing to the full terms and conditions of the Save the Earth Co-Operative click here. In addition, a copy of the registration documents and Memorandum of Articles can be downloaded: click here
3. Your membership application is accepted when you complete the payment check out and your name and membership number is added to your share ledger.
4. Any membership numbers / cards / membership material remains the property of The Save The Earth Co-operative, who may withdraw or modify these assets at anytime
5. The membership number is valid in outlets, websites, offers and for promotions operated by the Co-operative and those of other affiliated businesses. Details of offers, outlets and businesses included in any promotion will be published on the Co-operative’s website or in your members area and emailed from time to time (individual promotional T&C’s may vary)
6. A Share of the Profits is paid annually. The rate is dependent on the Co-operative’s overall performance, its profits and any dividends voted on by the members. Dividends can only be paid to qualifying Members by electronic bank transfer into a bona-fide bank account registered within the secure members area.
7. The membership number can only be used for the benefit of the member associated with the number. You may not transfer any of your rights and duties under this membership.
8. The membership number can only be used for purchases by and for the individual member and for his/her immediate, dependant family.
9. Your membership number can always be found in your members area on the co-operative’s website by logging in using your secure username and password. If you forget your username and/or password please follow the recovery procedure when prompted or if that does not work you can contact our membership services in a number of ways. Email your query to: email us or complete our online form or telephone call request form here. Post your query to: Membership Team,The Save The Earth Co-Operative, Co-operative House, 43B Plains Road, Mapperley, Nottingham, NG35JU, United Kingdom
10. We may monitor or record phone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of our services to you.
11. In the event of a dispute, the Co-Operatives’s decision on the matter shall be final and binding.
12. All full, voting memberships are based upon a paid membership fee which entitles you to the full benefits and responsibilities in accordance with the Co-Operatives’s membership rules laid out in the Co-Operatives’s governing documents. You can find our governing & policy statements here. We hold the right to refuse applications and refund membership fees minus any administration & bank costs without reason for a period of 45 business days. After this allotted period, all members have an appeals procedure, set out in our policy documents in order to allow a fair and reasonably run Co-Operative.
12. If you have any comments on the membership, please contact the Membership services by email here.