Membership at the Save The Earth Co-operative is made up of four different levels – from Free Supporter Members who just wish to follow us and support wherever they can, to the paid membership options with voting rights, of Guardian, Mentor and Creator Members. The Save the Earth Co-Operative is a business owned by its voting members.
The members vote to elect a Board of Trustees which, in turn, delegates a Management Board to ensure that:
– High quality services are delivered to our members and customers.
– We respect the environment and trade to the highest ethical standards.
– Support is given to our local communities wherever possible.
All of our members have the opportunity to tell us what is important to them, and we listen to and act upon their comments. By working with our members we make changes for the better, guided by our values and principles; we encourage new ideas to tackle issues that are important to our members.
You control your membership and therefore you can influence the co-operative in a number of ways. You can be involved as much or as little as you like. From simply using the society’s businesses, shopping in our ethical online shop, volunteering in projects or community fundraisers, becoming a mentor or sitting on the Management Board, to becoming a Board Trustee.
Q: Why should I become a Member-Owner today?
1: You become a guardian of this earth and support independent, ecological and green initiatives and narrative.
2: You want to change the paradigm of how the earth, its peoples and its animals are treated and controlled – and you want to see a return to working with nature rather than against it.
3: You want to help shape this, the People’s Co-Operative, and support the green initiatives and projects which we develop or choose to fund.
If this all sounds like we are talking to YOU, and you are ready for a challenge please review the following Patron-Member class overviews and submit a query for any that you are interested in joining, or, better still – Join Us Today!
Patron Membership Class Overview:
Supporter – Free membership with no ownership benefits – click here to register as a supporter.
- Join our community of independent, like-minded folk with a passion to save the Earth
- Take a look at what environmentally-friendly products you can purchase from our ethical online shop
- Save the Earth brand ownership – feel like you belong
- Receive regular Save the Earth newsletters direct to your inbox
- Be able to download selected “How To..” Guides
- FREE to join – No capital contribution + yearly subscription (currently waived)
Guardian Membership is £72 per annum (+ VAT) paid in advance or £6 a month (+ VAT) by Direct Debit – click here to register as a Guardian Member, with all the benefits of Supporter Membership plus the following;
- Access to discounted environmentally-friendly products from our ethical online shop with up to 20% discounted tickets to our festivals and eco holidays
- Invitations to attend Save the Earth business networking events
- Have your vote on all aspects of what we do, from electing Trustees and Management Board Members to choosing the Projects, or even suggesting some Projects yourself
- Democratic Governance, one Member one Vote
- Patronage-Based Dividends, divided equally so everyone benefits
- Entry into the Co-Operative’s monthly cash raffle
- No capital contribution + annual subscription (currently £72 + VAT)
- Turn your ethical ideas into businesses and become a Creator with our support.
Mentor Membership is £72 per annum (+ VAT) paid in advance or £6 a month (+ VAT) by Direct Debit – click here to register as a Mentor Member and receive the same benefits as a Guardian Member, along with the following;
As a valued Mentor Member you will be an eco-friendly and/or ethical pioneer and an expert in your chosen field, with the skills and knowledge to promote and lead, or mentor, certain projects for save the earth. mentor benefits are the same as for guardian members, with the following additions;
- You may be invited to join or form a committee related to your area of expertise
- It is likely that you will have access to paid teaching or management roles in order that you may promote and deliver your services to other members through Save the Earth
- You may be invited to create and/or edit “HOW TO…” Guides so that other members, or third parties, may benefit from an increased ethical knowledge transfer
- You may be asked to provide educational papers or give talks, training and advice in key areas of your specialist field, under the brand of the Save the Earth Co-Operative
- You may be invited to attend and/or speak at international management and special project head networking events, on behalf of Save the Earth
Creator Membership is £250 per annum (+ VAT) paid in advance – click here to register your ethical business as a Creator Member, with the following benefits;
YOU are invited to register yourself and your eco-friendly and/or ethical organisation here, adding up to TWO other members of your company or organisation who will then receive discount codes by email permitting them to register their memberships for this all-inclusive annual fee.
- Invitations to attend and participate in local or regional Save the Earth business networking meetings, events and ethical partner exchanges
- receive an introductory ethical blog article, written by us about your business and distributed via Save the Earth social media and your own website, promoting your ethical products or services
- become a recognised ethical affiliate company of Save the Earth with approval to use the “Ethical Business Network of Save the Earth”accreditation logo
- opportunity to promote your ethical brand on the Save the Earth website at special rates, with blog contributions and web banners
- chance to sponsor local save the earth community projects, increasing brand awareness and local involvement
- receive a free listing in our regular newsletter Ethical Provider Directory and optional advertising in classified sections or via web banners
- receive up to 20% discounted rates from other participating approved vendors
- receive authority to create “How to…” Guides for use by the membership